SAP HANA Architecture Overview:
The base of the SAP HANA database is developed in C + + and runs on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. SAP HANA database consists of multiple servers and the most important element is the index server. SAP HANA database consists of indexing server , the server name , server statistics , server and motor XS preprocessor .
· It server is the main component of the SAP HANA database data –
· It contains the ' effective data storage and data processing systems .
· The SQL Server processes the instructions MDX index coming in the sessions and transactions authenticated.
Persistence layer :
The database persistence layer is responsible for durability and atomicity of transactions. It makes sure that the database to its most recent state engaged after a reboot , and that operations are conducted either completely abolished or completely restored .
Server preprocessor :
The ' Index Server uses the preprocessor server to analyze the text data and extract information from texts on research skills .
Name servers :
The name server keeps information about the topology of the system of SAP HANA . In a distributed system , know the name of the server whose components are turned on and that the data from the server.
Server statistics :
The server collects information about the status , performance, and resource consumption of other servers in the system .. The server also offers ahistory statistical measurement data for later analysis .
Session and Transaction Manager :
The transaction manager coordinates the transaction database and followed the race and closed shops . When a transaction is committed or rolled back , the transaction manager notifies the concerned for this event so that they can make the necessary mechanisms storage measures .
XS engine :
XS engine is an optional component . Customers use the XS engine can connect to the SAP HANA data to retrieve data over HTTP.
The heart of SAP HANA - Index Server
SAP HANA index server contains most of the magic behind SAP HANA.
Connection and session management
· This component is responsible for creating and managing sessions and connections to the client database.
· Once the session , the client can contact the SAP HANA database using SQL statements .
· For each session , a number of parameters such as self - affirmation , to keep the transaction isolation level etc.
· Users are transmitted (the connection with your username and password) authentication data to an external authentication provider , such as an LDAP directory with the SAP HANA database itself is being authenticated .
The authorization Manager
· This component is called by other major components of the SAP HANA data to verify whether the user has the necessary permissions to perform the required operations .
· SAP HANA allows the granting of privileges to users or roles. A privilege granted the right to a particular operation (eg , create, update , select , implement , and so on ) for a specific object ( sqlscript perform the function such as a table , view , and so on ) .
· The basis of SAP HANA supports privileges analytical data filters or restrictions hierarchy search for analytic queries . Access permissions to the analytical values for a particular combination of dimension attributes . It ' used to restrict access to a cube with the values of the attributes in the dimension.
Request Processing and Execution Control:
The customer requirements are analyzed and brought together as support the design and execution of all control components . The request parser parses the client request and sends the controller component. Execution layer acts as a regulator, which provides for the different slopes engines and intermediate results of execution of the next step .
· SQL requests are received by the SQL processor . Instructions for handling the data is exported from the SQL processor itself.
· Other types of transfer requests to other components . Data definition statements are sent to the metadata manager , Transaktionssteueranweisungenan delivered to the transaction manager , program contracts are driven by the demands of planning and procedure of the engine is transferred to the processor of the stored procedure .
· The SAP HANA database has its own scripting language called sqlscript designed to allow optimizations and parallelization . Sqlscript is a collection of SQL extensions .
· SQLScript is on free or functions of side effects that act on the tables with the SQL query processing for the series . The motivation for this is sqlscript data -intensive applications of logic in the database.
Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) :
· MDX is stored or a language to query and manipulate data in multidimensional OLAP cubes .
· Incoming requests are processed transferred from the MDX MDX engine and engine Calc .
· Engine planning enables applications to financial planning for the implementation of basic database for planning. The basic operation is to create a new version of a game as a copy of an existing product , while the application of filters and transformations of data.
· For example, the configuration data for a new year creates a copy of the data in the previous year .
· Another example of planning an operation is the operation that setpoint decomposition greater spread in less aggregation on the basis of a level of operation of distribution.
· The principles of data or SAP HANA as sqlscript operations and planning are implemented through a common infrastructure called Calc engine.
· SQLScript , MDX - planning domain models and model - are translated into specific models of computation. Calc Engine creates logical implementation plan for the model calculations . The calculation engine will break a pattern, for example, some SQL scripts in transactions that can be processed in parallel .
Transaction Manager :
In the database, the data HANA each SQL statement is treated as part of a transaction . New sessions are implicitly assigned a new transaction. The transaction manager coordinates the transaction database , check the ' transaction isolation and followed the race and closed shops . When a transaction is committed or rolled back , the transaction manager informs the involved in this event so that they can carry out the necessary actions engines .
The transaction manager also works with the persistence layer to achieve atomic transactions and long-lasting .
Metadata Manager :
· Metadata can be accessed via the component metadata manager . Based on the data - SAP Hana, metadata contains a plurality of objects, such as definitions of relational tables , columns , views, indexes and procedures.
· All of these types of metadata are stored in a set of data common to all stores. The catalog database is stored in tables in the online store. The features of the SAP HANA database data such as transaction support and competition control multi - version , are also used for the management of metadata.
· In the center of the picture you can see the various data stores based on SAP HANA data. A memory subsystem , a database that SAP HANA Storing in a memory, as well as components that creates the storage
The Row Store:
Hold the line , the motor data to SAP HANA row of data in relational memory.
The Column Store:
The t column stores Store tables column-wise. It comes from the product TREX (SAP NetWeaver Search and Classification )orginates .
Persistence layer :
· The persistence layer is responsible for durability and atomicity of transactions. This layer ensures that the database state after a restart and that transactions are executed either completely abolished or completely restored to the most recent engagement . To achieve this effectively, use the persistence layer is a combination of notepaper from shadow paging and memory points.
· The persistence layer provides interfaces to read and write persistent data . It also contains the Logger component that manages the transaction log. The transaction log files are written using explicitly or implicitly newspaper interface when using the abstraction of virtual files .